Join us at the February Rehab Subgroup! Come see how Steven Vastola rehabbed this property, the upgrades he made and how he plans to sell it in today's market! This rehab suffered from freeze damage as well as pet odors and damage. Steven went to work and made this not-so-pleasant house a wonderful place to call home.
About the Rehab
- Classic 1950’s Cape with a great floor plan, fenced-in yard, and an oversized two-car garage. It is located on a dead end street with other well maintained homes. It is about 1.75 miles from CCSU and an easy drive to Routes 9, 72 or 84.
- The home has seven rooms: An updated and fully applianced kitchen, formal dining room, large living room with a beautiful banister staircase, 4 good sized bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. All the flooring is hardwood or tile; there is no carpet or vinyl. The total living area of the house is 1616 square feet.
- Bonus areas: In front it has a three-season porch so nicely renovated that is it practically another room to the house. In the back is a second three-season porch that could be used as a mudroom or breakfast area. There is also a 300 square foot recreation room in the basement with a built-in bar. Added to the other 1616 square feet of official living space there is over 2000 square feet of room to roam.
- Amazing storage. There is a large walk-in attic space on the second floor, about 900 square feet of storage space in the basement and an oversized two-car garage with rafters above the parking area.
- The house has been treated to fresh paint inside and out, a new roof with 40 year architectural shingles, new thermo pane windows, new 100 AMP electrical service and a new high efficiency heating system. There are also many new electrical and plumbing fixtures.
Don't miss this excellent learning opportunity. We will be meeting right at the property to discover first hand how he did it, the changes that were made and how you too can make smart upgrades to make some serious cash in the rehabbing business!